Have an emergency on the weekend or a public holiday?
Call this number for free phone advice:
0413 898 331 (Fri 6pm - Mon 8am)
We cannot offer this service for the time being
Our dedicated emergency veterinarian team can recommend a tailored treatment plan to best suit your pet's condition. All hospitalised patients will be closely monitored.
Services at Central Vet Emergency.
We are a team of dedicated veterinarians, veterinary technicians and nurses with extensive experience in the area of emergency and critical care, medicine and surgery.
We operate out of McIvor Road Veterinary Centre. A purposely built veterinary clinic that is fitted with equipment catered for advanced emergency care.
Booking appointments is not required but calling in advance is highly recommended.
The most critical animals will be seen as a priority.
Hospitalisation ranges from basic hospitalisation to intensive care. We do not offer vaccination and routine desexing surgeries as we are an emergency centre.
Services at CVE
- Critical care procedures such as oesophageal tube, nasal gastric tube, gastric feeding tube, abdominal drains, chest drains, central venous lines
- Medicine work up
- CSF tap
- In house blood test including full blood test, blood gas, lactate
- Diagnostic imaging including digital X rays, contrast X rays, ultrasound, doppler ultrasound
- Endoscopy and interventional endoscopy
- Monitoring equipment including pulse oximeter, ECG, blood pressure